The experts at Burgess/Smith Commercial Property Management have been offering quality, trouble-free property management to investors since 1979. From single-family residences to apartment complexes, retail shopping centers and office buildings, Burgess/Smith provides conscientious, customized management services dedicated to capitalizing on the owner's investment and maximizing cost-effectiveness.
Services, Fees and Expenses:
Burgess/Smith Commercial Property Management has helped hundreds of people like you realize strong financial rewards in the lucrative field of investment properties. We are experts in our field, treating each property as if it were our own, giving each client and each property the individual attention and care that makes us unique. The following section explains the many benefits and advantages of a full-service, professional property management company.
- We do all the bookkeeping chores for you. Our computer system keeps complete, accurate records of every income and expense that affects your property.
- Our convenient monthly statements provide you with a full, itemized record of all transactions.
- Our end-of-year statements simplify the job of tax preparation for you and your accountant.
- Because we are computerized, we can meet your individual needs, including budgeting, itemized summaries for tax preparation and other unique services.
- We present your property to the largest available rental market.
- We are always aware of current market conditions. This allows us to rent your property at its highest value.
- Our computer system enables us to maintain an exhaustive list of all the features that make your property desirable and special.
- We use a broad range of advertising media, including signs, flyers and newspaper classifieds.
- We are experienced in judging credit worthiness.
- We do a thorough credit and reference check before the lease is signed. This includes checking history with the credit bureau, verifying employment, and checking all appropriate references - including past landlords.
- We take time with each new tenant to explain the benefits and responsibilities of leasing a commercial space from us.
- We provide you with protection through the use of proper lease agreements, deposit forms, late notices, and other legal documents.
- We take fair, appropriate security deposits.
- We maintain and update an inventory of all the personal items that are part of your property.
- We constantly perform weekly inspections.
- Our key control procedures protect you and the tenant against unauthorized entry.
- We provide qualified, reasonably priced personnel who will get the job done right.
- We are maintenance experts. Since we deal with this daily, we know what repairs should cost and how long they will take to complete.
- Maintenance work is controlled and supervised.
- We help avoid costly repairs through routine preventive maintenance inspections.
- We protect the value of your investment by maintaining your property at current market standards.
We put your mind at ease by providing the proper upkeep and maintenance of your property. Burgess/Smith Commercial Property Management delivers site management services and is committed to client satisfaction. Through a strong foundation of technical professionals, the site management division has grown into a thriving service for a wide range of clients.
Burgess/Smith property supervisors oversee cleaning, landscaping, trash removal, steam cleaning, HVAC servicing, graffiti removal, roof maintenance and other day-to-day maintenance issues. In addition, the property supervisor prepares a Monthly Property Inspection Report for the property manager and the owner. The report offers per-item status reports on sidewalks, gutters, sprinklers, parking facilities, lighting, and more. It also contains the manager's recommendations as to the relative priority of any maintenance issues.
Burgess/Smith clients recognize the multi-faceted advantages of owner representation in the site management. Private investors, partnerships, corporations, and non-profit institutions benefit from Burgess/Smith's approach in planning, budgeting, managing and implementing site management projects. The Burgess/Smith team possesses specialized training and experience to deliver a superior level of service. Burgess/Smith resources include field supervisors as well as licensed and insured independent practitioners in construction management. Burgess/Smith uses a competitive bid process among licensed, insured vendors to provide the best maintenance services at the best price.
- Financial Management
- Coordinating Restriction Enforcement
- Coordinating Architectural Review Administration
- Monitoring Vendor Performance
- Assistance Meeting Legal Responsibilities in California Statutes